WHAT IS THE PURPOSE?
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE?
Mercorr is responsible for your data and is known as the “Controller” of the data that you provide to us.
WHAT WILL WE DO?
At Mercorr when we say we are going to do something – we do it. We will do our upmost to protect your data and what we collect and why is listed below.
WHAT TYPES OF DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Personal Data: We collect basic personal data about you, including name, email address and phone number etc.
Payment Data: We collect payment data that is needed to process payments.
Business Data: We collect further business information that is processed within a contractual relationship with Mercorr, such as non-personal business addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. This may also include any instructions given, payments made or other such requests.
Special Categories Data: We may collect Special Categories of personal data for the purposes of arranging access to an event, meeting or seminar. This may include asking you to provide information about your health for the purposes of being considerate of any disabilities or any special dietary requirements that you may have. Any use of this information is based on your consent; if you choose not to provide this information to us, we will be unable to make any necessary precautions.
Publicly Available Data: We may collect data from publicly available sources, such as credit reference agencies or any regulatory agencies, including the Environment Agency.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We collect your data via several means, including:
- When you or your business engages us to provide services to you;
- When you or your business browse, make an enquiry or otherwise interact with us via our website, by email or by telephone;
- When you attend a Mercorr event or office;
- When we attend your premises to provide services;
- When you or your business offer to provide or provide services to Mercorr;
- In some circumstances, we may collect data about you from a third-party source, such as validating your business’s credit rating when looking to provision services to you.
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR DATA?
We need your data in order to provide you with the services you have requested, as well as provide you with on-going organisational updates, such as contractual terms, legislative updates and service updates. We do not collect any personal data from you that we do not need to provide and oversee this service for you. You may choose not to provide your personal data to us, however, this may prevent us from providing you with what you request, and we will notify you accordingly.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR DATA?
All the data we process is processed by our Employees in the UK. However, for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance, this information may be located on servers within the European Union, or within the United States providing third-parties comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. We may use your data for the following purposes (“Permitted Purposes”):
- to provide you with the services requested by you or your business;
- to identify that you are authorised to trade on behalf of our customers or suppliers;
- to monitor and assess compliance with our policies and standards;
- to comply with our legal obligations, regulatory obligations and record keeping obligations; this may include financial and credit checks;
- to analyse and improve our services and communication to you;
- to investigate and respond to complaints;
- for insurance purposes dealing with claims made against or by Mercorr; this may include passing details onto Mercorr’s insurers, insurance claim handlers, loss adjusters or legal advisers;
- to comply with court orders and exercise and/or defend our legal rights;
- to protect the security and manage access of our offices, equipment, IT and communication systems, online platforms, websites and other systems, preventing and detecting security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activities. With your express consent, we may also process your personal data for the following purpose;
- to communicate with you through the channels you have approved to keep updated on the latest industry developments, government legislations, announcements, events, projects and any other information about Mercorr and the services Mercorr provide;
- to include you within customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analysis, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities or events; Regarding marketing-related communication, where legally required, we will only provide you with such information after you have opted in and provide you the opportunity to opt out at any point it time. We do not use your personal data to take any automated decisions affecting either yourself or for creating profiles other than as described above.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA?
Depending on which of the above Permitted Purposes we use your personal data for, we may process your data on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- for the legitimate interest reasons;
- because processing your data is required to meet our legal obligations (e.g. to keep records for tax purposes) and contractual obligations we may have with you or your business;
- in certain limited circumstances with your express consent.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
We may share your personal data with third-parties to help us meet our legal obligations and contractual obligations to you or your business, these may include:
- our service partners that provide services on our behalf;
- credit rating, debt collection and similar agencies;
- government and law enforcement organisations, including the Environment Agency and Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC). Mercorr take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your express consent, unless we are required to do so by law.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
Our standard policy is to retain data and information for only as long as it is necessary to meet the purpose(s) for which it is collected (e.g. UK tax law dictates the retention period for financial data). After this time has passed, it is then disposed of in a methodical and secure way.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
As an individual, you have certain rights over your personal data, which as a data controller Mercorr are responsible for fulfilling these rights.
- Access to your personal data: You have the right of access to the personal data held by Mercorr.
- Updating your personal data: You have the right for the information we collect about yourself to be accurate and up-to date.
- Withdrawal of consent: You have the right to withdraw consent for Mercorr to store your personal data, providing it does not conflict with any legal, regulatory or contractual obligations.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.